Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In (For my Momma)

I'm so much happier to weigh-in today than I have been in a couple weeks. I had a great talk with my mom yesterday & she encouraged me to look at things differently. She encouraged me to remember my success & to continue changing things up & do new things. She even suggested doing things I've done before & dismissed as "not working"! I know I've been given the advice from LOTS of people to keep changing it up but for some reason I heard it best when my momma told me. I love all my friends and family who are supporting me & I posted a little bit ago about my motivation being my beautiful children but my mom is & always has been so special to me. So I am dedicating this weigh-in to her. Love you Mom! Thanks for everything you've done and everything you've been for me throughout my life. You rock!
P.S. I think I rock a little bit too! Only 6 pounds away from my next pedicure!

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Woot woot!

Bethany said...

awesome! i want to know what you did to change it up.

Maggie said...

Bethany~I did an apple fast for 24 hours & I'm doing a boot camp style 30 minute class at my gym, in addition to the 8 week 10K training schedule. I'm also getting back to eating high protein & getting my carbs from fruits & veggies. So far so good!
Olivia~Thanks! I did that when I got on the scale this morning! haha

Bethany said...

apple fast? do you just eat apples for 24 hours? sounds interesting. you're doing fantastic!

Maggie said...

Bethany~That was basically what I did. Before I went to the gym last night I drank a protein shake though. Other than that I ate just apples for 24 hours. It worked great. I felt refreshed (for lack of a better word!). It didn't have the effect of a cleanse and I never felt like I was starving. It made it easier to make good food choices the rest of today too. I think I might do it again sometime.