Monday, July 19, 2010

Pure Torture-the scale is my enemy...


I haven't been wanting to update because I'm disgusted with myself. Last Wednesday on my weigh in day I was UP over 4 pounds. So I "cheated" and didn't take a picture of the scale OR post on here (or anywhere else for that matter). On Thursday I was gratified to see that I was back down to:
I was down again this morning to 183.0 so I AM progressing in the direction I want to at least. I'm just getting annoyed with myself. I have such wonderful intentions for a day or two & then something happens to throw me off (after the sore neck episode I got a cold that lasted almost a whole week) and I just go with it. I even use it as an excuse to eat like crap & not work out. I keep telling myself it won't happen again & then it does. Did I mention that my sister Rachel (from the famous "wager") had her baby last week? I should be feeling more motivated than ever. Just a few short weeks and she'll be back working out & doing everything she can to win those jeans! And she's already assured me that she isn't going to hold back or take it easy on me AT ALL.
I guess what it boils down to is that I want it to be easier than it has been & I want to reach my goals without making the changes that I KNOW will assist me in doing so. I did do something today...I went to a boot camp style class at my gym! It wasn't quite the same as Jeff's boot camp (how could it be? No Jeff or Robin!) and it is only 30 minutes but they do 2 30 minute classes back to back that you can do both if you want. I'm going to give that a shot tomorrow. We'll see how it works out!
Anyway, that is my whine for the day. I'm feeling more positive now that I put that out there & I'm confident that good changes are happening! I'll be back to weigh in on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

excuses are super easy to find. why can't finding motivation be so simple?? you can do it, mag! just keep trying new things to see what works best for you. love you!

Olivia said...

I agree with Rach--keep mixing it up. But, as you know, diet is a HUGE component to any lasting weight loss equation.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Marian and Sadie said...

you can do it, maggie. i want to see both of you reach your "i want to be skinny" goals. if you ever want to go hiking with me let me know...Saturdays, early morning or late evening.I started going to the rock gym again too. it's a different kind of workout but funny..if you want to try it sometime let me know.

be good to yourself and keep the faith.