Friday, July 23, 2010

Maintaining Weight

I've been thinking about this some as I've been working on my overall fitness but I got thinking about it more yesterday. How do I maintain my weight once I reach my goal?
Well, I know that it is suggested to continue working out 45-60 minutes a day to maintain a steady weight. But how do I stay motivated to continue working out 45-60 minutes a day. Right now I can easily see the merit in regularly hitting the gym & staying for an hour or more. But once I'm a super skinny hot mama what's going to keep me going back?
The thought I had was that I get to find a physically demanding activity, that I enjoy, that I will be required to participate in regularly; say once or twice a week. If I have a team sport, that would be even better because I would know that my teammates were counting on me to stay in shape so that I could play to the best of my ability. I've been contemplating what sports appeal to me, and let me tell you, there are few. I played basketball a tiny bit when I was in 5th grade. I was pretty decent at volleyball too, once upon a time. I sort of like the idea of being an ice hockey player but...I live in Arizona! Baseball & softball are okay but not what I'm looking for. The one thing that has come back to me time & time again is how much I would LOVE to join a Roller Derby team. Can you imagine that? I've seen bits of matches and, from what I've seen, a person couldn't play if they aren't in at least decent shape. And besides...ROLLER SKATES!
I'm pretty sure that I am going to look into it. I know I get to find something & this feels like it might work. 
Enough with all that though, have you seen their slogan?

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Chantel does roller derby and loooooooves it. I think it's mos def worth further investigation.

Rachel said...

let us know what you find! that would be really cool! you also should check out the different group fitness classes your gym offers. that's a fun way to keep motivated and get in an hour workout. maybe they'll start offering TKB if you're lucky!