Monday, July 12, 2010

Lame end to my week

As I mentioned in my last update I was experiencing some pain in my neck/shoulder/back area last week and, don't you worry, I milked it for all it was worth! I didn't do anything on Wednesday (I showered when I had SWORN I was going to swim) and a whole lot of the same on Thursday & Friday. My friend joined my gym on Friday night so I scrounged some motivation & we worked out together Saturday morning. It was a good workout. I felt really great after & the rest of the day went pretty good too. Then Sunday morning...UGH! I woke up a little after 7 a.m. with my throat burning and every bit of me aching. I had a cough (that is still lingering) but that was too bad. So I slept and slept and slept, finally getting out of bed at 2 p.m. There's nothing like being sick to make me want to just eat crap all day, so that's what I did. Since we really don't have that bad of food in the house it wasn't as bad as it could've been, I comfort myself with that. My the time I went to bed I felt quite a bit better & this morning I'm feeling almost like myself. I still have a little cough (SOOO ANNOYING!) but I'm in my workout clothes, getting psyched to head to the gym. They have a boot camp style class that I want to check out (if I do it today I'll update about that tomorrow) and I *think* today is the day I'm going to start training for the 10K I plan to run on Thanksgiving day. It's an 8 week training schedule so I can get through it twice before Thanksgiving if I start today. I just looked at the training schedule & I have a 2.5 mile run ahead of me. Better get to it!
P.S. On Saturday, I used one of the body fat calculators they have at my gym. (You know, that thing you put a bunch of stats in & then hold it out at arms length in front of you? Yeah, that thing.) It's not pretty, but when I consider that I was 44% body fat when I last had it checked (when Lizzie was 1 & I joined the gym), I'm not TOO upset that it is 32.9% now. Still, YIKES! My goal for that is 20% so I've got some work to do.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Just keep after it! And keep your eye on the prize (True Religion? J Brand? Rock & Republic perhaps?)