Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Body Distortion

Or at least my mental image of my body is distorted. Is that the same thing?
Anyway, I was just reading on another blog (a friend from online she's in my sidebar~Our Family~) about how women are secretive about our weight. I have said to Mark before how it isn't like people can't just look at me & see that I'm fat. Even when I'm wearing clothes that fit & flatter my body, when I'm fat a person can tell. In fact, other people probably can tell BEFORE I can, because of this body distortion thing.
On the flip side of that I discovered that most people can't tell JUST how fat I really get at times. I know it isn't strictly "fat" when pregnant but I was pushing 300 pounds just 4 weeks ago. The only people who KNEW were the healthcare professionals at my OB's office and people I told my weight to. And now all of you reading this! I was 292 lbs at my last office visit before I went in for my c-section. That was on 12/05/11. AJ was born on 12/08/11 and by 12/31/11 I was already down to 257.4. That is almost 35 pounds released.
Well, AJ was nearly 10 lbs so that went as soon as she was born. Then there is all the fluid and "stuff" that goes along with being pregnant. From what I know that is another 10-15 lbs. I was retaining LOTS of water this pregnancy so as soon as THAT went away~BAM~35 pound weight release in 3 weeks.
Anyway, now that I'm working out and eating better I'm NOT worried about telling people my weight. I'm proud of every pound gone, even if the ones left are still high numbers. Because I'm working on it, I'm focusing on getting healthy and every pound gone means I'm that much closer to the healthy, physically fit woman I want to be.
I'll leave you with a visual of what nearly 300 pounds looks like on me. Enjoy?
12/08/11~5:25 a.m.~approx 292 lbs
12/07/11~8:30 p.m.~approx 292 lbs

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Aw! You are such a cute pregnant lady! I totally feel ya on the body distortion thing. I do that all the time.

Raylene said...

You are SUPER cute!! I would never have guessed that you were at almost 300lbs at 9 months pregnant. I'm at that weight now (after losing a few lbs and I'm NOT pregnant)and I am just a really round lady when I'm pregnant. Yours is ALL belly. That's adorable!!