Friday, January 20, 2012

252.2 lbs...UGH!

Okay, I'm hating on myself right now. So be prepared for this to be a major whine-fest.
I had two sick kids last week. J & K both had a cold; cough, runny nose, slight fever. Which meant I had them both at home, being sick. Then, Friday was no school and Monday was a holiday. Meaning we basically sat around in sick germs for five days or so. When I started to have some sinus pressure on Saturday I was really hoping it was just allergies or maybe just a headache. No such luck. I was totally sick by Monday (maybe even Sunday night).
When I'm sick I don't work out. ESPECIALLY when I have a head cold. It is just pure torture! I already can't breath well and then throw in any exertion on top of that and it is misery. So I didn't work out at all this week. Then add in the fact that when I'm sick all I want is carbs and junk food and we have a recipe for a SIX POUND weight gain. Yes, you read that right, SIX pounds. Now you see way I'm hating on myself.
Anyway, I'm finally feeling better today and I'm GOING to work out, even if I accomplish nothing else today! I'm going to even double up my work out by doing the Biggest Loser UW and then doing minimum 15 minutes on my elliptical. I have high hopes that by the time I see my midwife for my postpartum check up (which is in just less than 2 weeks) I can see my weight at least in the low 240's. Maybe even in the 230's, that would be awesome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, don't give up! Stupid scale is always breaking around here too... ;)

It's so hard to stay encouraged to keep going when you have sacrificed so much and you see no results. Ugh, I've been there too. It sucks...

But you can totally do this! Go Maggie!

Maggie said...

Aw :( I'm sorry you didn't have a very good week and were sick. I'm pretty sure when I weigh in on Monday the scale will not change and may even go up. I have done so crappy this weeks so far! I hope you have a good workout today so that can relieve some of your stress. You can do it! Go Maggie Go!