Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My cure for menstrual cramps

Is boot camp.
I was hesitant to go this morning. I am having my second period since AJ was born almost 3 months ago (and its only been about 2 1/2 weeks since the last one. awesome) and the cramps are NOT pleasant. I went anyway and about 15 minutes in I noticed that I was feeling GREAT. No cramps, no backache, no nausea (which is another "lovely" symptom I experience these days).
The format today was 30 reps of each exercise and then 5 (hard & fast) wind sprints. I gotta admit, I did pretty good. About halfway through I had to abandon the 5 wind sprints in favor of jogging back & forth 5 times, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it at all! I got through the 45 minutes and was pretty proud of myself. I  only had to modify 2 of the exercises too which I was really quite happy with.
Also, you may or may not have noticed the countdown I have going in my sidebar. Well, I'm doing it. I'm doing the 4.2 mile "Pat's Run" that is held annually here in memory of Pat Tillman. He was a football player for both ASU & the Arizona Cardinals before he left his professional career to enlist in the Army in response to the attacks of 9/11. He served several tours before he was killed in combat in 2004. The run is put on by the Pat Tillman Foundation which provides resources & educational scholarships for veterans. This is my first time doing this particular run & I am excited to do it!
I'm taking measurements tomorrow as that is the last day of the month. Here's hoping things are progressing the way I want them to be!

No comments: