Monday, February 6, 2012

Last Meal of a Condemned Woman

or maybe not. But all day yesterday I ate like CRAP!
I want to use the excuse that it was the Super Bowl but I actually started the "festivities" as soon as we got home from church with a HUGE fried egg sandwich (it honestly wasn't too bad; it was egg whites, turkey bacon, provolone cheese & wheat bread) and then I ate probably half of a 8" yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It was only about 2" thick though so that makes it not *quite* as bad, right?
Anyway, Mark invited my dad over to watch the game and Mark is incapable of watching the Super Bowl with out tons of different types of food. He made mini tostadas, spinach pinwheels, those pretzel/rolo melt thingies (and if you don't know what those are, count yourself lucky. they are fitness/weight loss sabotage in a convenient bite size) and BBQ meatballs. In addition to that we had cheddar & sour cream potato chips and spicy Chex Mix. I also asked him to puck up some Red Vines licorice (it is my all time favorite candy) so I had some of that too. By the time I was done eating I felt like barfing, that is how much I ate.
All I could think was "I'm starting boot camp tomorrow so I won't be eating like this again. I HAVE to get it out of my system." and so I just kept eating. Truthfully, I still felt full when I woke up this morning...
I went to boot camp, still full & slightly barf-y feeling from last night and I got my butt SOUNDLY kicked. We started with 5 minutes of running, which for me was a *very* slow jog interspersed with walking while I thought happy thoughts like "don't barf, don't barf, don't barf" over & over again. After that it was counting exercises~38 of everything. After each set of 38 we had a little run (again, slow jog/walk for me) and then back for a different exercise. By the end of the 45 minutes I was crouched down on my mat, praying for it to end and feeling like I could happily die.
Now I've been home for 2.5 hours and have gotten my kids up, fed them breakfast, got my big kids off to school and have even eaten something healthy in that time. I don't know if the rest of the day will be productive (I have high hopes that it will!) but I am proud of myself for what I've already accomplished and excited to do it all again tomorrow!
Does that make me crazy?!?

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Ugh. I had a few crappy food days too. And you're not crazy for being excited to do it all over again! It is exciting and awesome, and even if you're sore, it's the good sore of becoming stronger. Not the crappy sore of being out of shape and tired. You are awesome! Way to go! From the sounds of it, I probably would have died. lol