Saturday, February 11, 2012

End of Week One

Of boot camp that is.
I am pretty proud of myself. Even though it was hard & I was super tired I had perfect attendance this week at boot camp. That means I got up at 5 a.m. every morning Monday through Friday, dressed in my workout clothes, tied on my running shoes (which, incidentally SUCK and I am going to need new ones soon) and headed out the door by 5:20 to go get my butt kicked. I will also mention (because I'm hardcore and want to brag about it) that I did all that and didn't take a single nap all week!
Anyway, I didn't even end up weighing myself yesterday morning like I usually do but I weighed myself at one point on Thursday and the scale only had me a fraction of a pound down from what I weighed on Monday morning before I started boot camp. Can you say frustrating?!? And I am in that sore muscles so I can't suck in my belly therefore I feel even fatter than when I started phase, which is always a good time when you're losing out on sleep AND working out really hard.
So I'm going to be doing this! As long as I can physically get out of bed and out the door by 5:20 a.m. I will be attending boot camp & working on getting fit and healthy again. I pray that it doesn't take long to break out of my plateau* and that I will be feeling good about my body sooner than later. Until then I'll keep updating my progress, no matter how small.
(this is probably a good time to mention that I bought a new skirt yesterday and it is a size 18! and my size 20 jeans that I bought a few weeks ago are comfortably too big in the waist! i know going down a size in my jeans isn't a good idea yet but fitting in that skirt and being able to wear my jeans without my Spanx is a HUGE deal since I'm stuck at my current weight.)
*disclaimer~part of my plan to break through this plateau is to go see the doctor that prescribed me Phentermine when I was working out & getting fit after my middle daughter was born. Whether that means I'll be getting on that again or not remains to be seen but I'm nervous I'll give up if I don't see some BIG results soon (I am so hard on myself, all I can see is what I can't do/haven't done rather than give myself credit for the things I have accomplished) I'll give up and I just can't do that to myself or my family. Seeing my doctor is just a preemptive strike. I'll update on this after I see my doctor.

1 comment:

Brits said...

I'm plateauing as well. Working out everyday, I haven't eaten anything good and I've only lost .2 lb in 4 weeks. It's super frustrating.