Monday, December 26, 2011

Starting over from scratch

Well, it's been some time since I've posted here. Not long after my last update I got pregnant with my newest little girl (and most likely last child). So she's here now, I'm 18 days postpartum and I gained a RIDICULOUS amount of weight. I'm pretty sure it was 85 lbs. I've lost 35 lbs already, having a nearly 10 lb baby and a TON (like 25 lbs) of water weight will do that though. Unfortunately I'm still over 250 lbs~SO not cool.
Anyway, because I had a c-section I get to wait until I'm 4 weeks postpartum to begin working out again. And when I do start working out again I get to start slow and build up. Otherwise I risk reopening my incision or something like that. Cool right? So for now my goal is to walk every day for the next couple weeks until I get to 4 weeks postpartum and to watch what I eat. I'm going for high protein and from getting my carbs from fruits, veggies and whole grains.
I haven't had the courage to take a picture of my train wreck body yet but when I do I will share it. This time around my goal for my blog is to update 3 times a week and full disclosure...and that includes the progress pictures, no matter how horrifying I find them to be.
So, follow along with me while I journey to find my perfect (read:healthiest) body. I know it's in here somewhere...

1 comment:

Alex said...

Yay, I'm excited for you! However, you have told your OB about your plan and have his full OK, right? =) Sorry, just the Nursing student in me, LOL. We get patients on my floor with dehisced/infected incisions all the time, and that can get nasty... Anyway, take good care if yourself, and if you notice increased bleeding and/or pain that means your body is saying SLOW DOWN!!! Good luck! Excited for you! I've got a good 35-40lbs to lose myself and unfortunately don't have the baby excuse, heehee... =/