Monday, March 14, 2011

The end of a challenge

While it isn't official I believe that Mark has won our 10% in 10 weeks challenge (this time!). He never did get around to choosing his prize so maybe I'll pick something for him (banana cream pie maybe-just to get ready for our NEXT challenge ;-P). It is so nice to see him looking a bit more like the guy I married, add to that the fact that most nights his snoring is basically non-existent & I'm not too sad about "losing" this round. Besides, can it really be losing if I got back into my jeans (that I'd "grown out of" in the last few months) in just a few short weeks?
Now, after all that foreshadowing I think you know what I'm about to say.


Round 2 is ON!


I still have quite a bit of "extra me" to let go of before I'm ready for summer (and since I get to go have a weekend in SoCal in early June I even have a deadline!) and Mark is actually getting more interested in getting himself healthier & more fit so this round will be a bit more focused.
Now~if you want to get in on this just leave a comment, let me know what your 10% is and what your prize will be if you accomplish it. It could be as simple as getting a well-deserved pedicure or as extravagant as a new Coach bag. Whatever it is, be sure to keep the thought of that reward in mind while you workout, make food choices & choose your daily activities. I find that knowing I will get something (besides looking & feeling great) out of my efforts it motivates me, maybe it'll work for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm late getting in on this. Is this 10% of our weight or 10% of what we want to lose?

Maggie said...

for mark & me it was/is 10% of our body weight. it started partly because i read an article that said that if a someone who snores can lose just 10% of their body weight then it can lessen the snoring. so far mark has only lost about 5% but his snoring is SO much better. also, i had gotten to where losing that much weight was necessary if i didn't want to buy a whole new wardrobe!
neither of us lost the 10% but it was a good goal. also, it keeps me from getting overwhelmed when i look at where i ultimately want to be. :)