Wednesday, January 19, 2011

10% in 10 weeks-week 3

This week is going pretty good so far. No real weight loss to report for either Mark or myself but he says he's feeling pretty good and I'm proud that I've made it to the gym twice already this week. I intended to get a 20-25 minute walk in today by taking my girls to playgroup at a nearby park but J is home sick (stupid colds...) and K is also not 100% (and I REFUSE to be the mom that brings her sick kid to playgroup to get all the other kids sick!). So we get to spend today cooped up & going crazy...maybe I'll escape for a run after Mark gets home from work? Nope, we have cub scouts tonight...oh, well. Tomorrow is another day!
On a happier note, I have decided to give the famed hcg diet a go. I ordered some drops online & they should arrive on Friday. I'm kind of excited to use them, the concept SEEMS pretty straightforward & they are safe to use. I think I may be most excited about the 1st phase (there are 4 all together, one varies the length based on the number of pounds one wants to shed). For days 1 & 2 on the drops one eats...and eats...and eats as much high fat, high calorie food as one can. From what I gather it is a way to "shock" ones body into dumping its fat stores as soon as one begins phase 2 (the 500 calorie a day phase, strangely, I'm LESS excited about this part...) and that is how one achieves the estimated 1-2 pound a DAY weight loss (this part I'm actually SO STOKED about!). Since I've already been "practicing" phase 1 for the last few weeks (months? who can keep track) I'm feeling well prepared & ready to get started!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Maggie, just wanted to tell you that I think you look amazing! I saw you sunday and those were my first thoughts...and your son is the most polite young man! Good job, Mom.