Thursday, October 21, 2010

Starting Anew

As if you couldn't tell, I've been a little off track with my fitness regimen. I have been working out semi-faithfully & occasionally watching what I eat but it is nowhere NEAR what I would like it to be. I am getting more and more aware of the fact that I am turning 30 in less than 2 months. With all this (and some other stuff) in mind, I am starting again. This morning I started my day with some Carb Smart yogurt with half a serving of All Bran cereal. It was filling and tasted pretty good and it got me through my workout. I did upper body weight training and some ab work. I only did a little warm up for cardio & I'm counting on getting in a good cardio workout tomorrow.
I've also set myself some new goals. My number one goal is to be in the "healthy" BMI range by my birthday or the end of the year. This will mean serious dedication on my part. It also means letting go of 30 pounds in the next 2 months. I know I'm capable of it, I just get to stick with it and keep being positive. I'm working on getting myself back in the healthy, positive mind-set I was in last fall when I first started this journey. That's one thing I've noticed a lot lately, how negatively I've been regarding myself. I know it isn't doing me any favors & I am changing it NOW!

I'm really happy that I am finding the strength and the determination to make these healthy, positive changes in my life. I look forward to being an example of good habits for my children as they get older. I love being healthy, fit and strong!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Way to go! I just checked out a new book by Bill Phillips: "Transformation." He's the guy who started the Body-for-Life movement. I really like his holistic approach to weight management. Dig it...

Marian and Sadie said...

good job maggie! last time we visit with you guys i could tell you weren't your normal happy self. with a positive self-image you can do anything you set your heart and mind on. so, continue to think positively, good luck, and we know you can do it.