Monday, October 25, 2010

And so it begins...(again)

As you all know I have been more or less completely over working on my fitness goals for the last few months (which makes PERFECT sense considering the last 2 months have coincided with my jeans wager with my sister, Rachel). Well, as I stated in my last post, I'm beginning again.

One day last week I got the BEST e-mail from Jeff, the genius behind Robinson Fitness (see my sidebar for a link to his website, seriously he's a GENIUS!). He was offering an AMAZING discount on 8 weeks of boot camp, just enough to get through until the holiday break. Since my second main reason for discontinuing boot camp was the financial aspect (#1 was the heat, there were times over the summer that working out INSIDE almost killed me, outdoors was a total no-go) the discount came at the PERFECT time! We have a little extra cash, I have a TON of extra pounds & it seemed like a match made in heaven. So, after a little discussion with the hubs I signed up. I also got to go shopping since I let my daughter play with my old mat all summer (and she trashed it GOOD) so I was already happy before the first workout!

Well, this morning was the day 1 of the next 8 weeks. It was SO awesome to see Robin (the FABULOUS instructor, LOVE HER!) and some of the ladies I know & love from last fall/winter/spring. I was also MAJORLY intimidated to see how many new "veterans" there are & SO HAPPY to see all the many, many "newbies" that signed up. I love working out in the group atmosphere, it gives me motivation & inspiration when I start to feel like giving up.

And the workout was AWESOME. It was what Robin called "taking it easy" and what I was thinking of as "punishment for taking time off". Jeff plans the workouts to be pretty basic the beginning of each new 4 week boot camp & I could tell I've not kept up as much strength as I thought I had. I made it all the way through the whole hour though & I still feel so great! I can't wait to go tomorrow!

So, I took weight/measurements yesterday morning as a baseline for the next 8 weeks and I'm confident I will be reaching the goals I've set myself in the time I've determined. It feels so wonderful to be back on track, feeling positive & knowing I'm doing something so good for myself.

YAY FOR BOOT CAMP!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Sweet! The key to working out consistently is doing a workout you enjoy, and it's so evident how much you love boot camp. Bring it!

Rachel said...

very exciting! i agree with olivia, sticking with it is much easier when you love what you are doing! can't wait to see how quickly you'll progress!