Friday, June 15, 2012

a long awaited (and mostly pointless) update

I've been off the wagon for a while now. I had spurts of good intentions followed by long periods of indifference coupled with active sabotage. But I feel ready to really commit & make the changes I've been avoiding.
I saw my doctor this morning to follow up on my Phentermine prescription from a few months ago. I was down less than 20 pounds in just over 3 months. Not so stellar considering I know what I could've been down had I been diligent but I'm determined not to beat myself up over that.
While I waited to be seen I set about making a workout routine. The thing is, I know what to do to achieve my goals, I really do. Its the actually DOING what I need to do that I seem to get stuck on. Now I have a workable routine, nothing too crazy & it is all stuff I can do, here at home, even if my girls are around & underfoot (as they are wont to be). Mostly just light weight lifting/strength training but I don't want to attempt too much & get discouraged  (followed quickly be giving up if my past is any indication).
I also have a plan to begin a couch to 5K program in 2 weeks. The start date for that was originally 2 weeks ago but when I went to download a program for my iPod I discovered that my iPod wouldn't support the 3rd party application necessary & that was a good enough excuse not to start. I did discover that an iPhone will support the application so, next Wednesday, I'm going to join the rest of you in smartphone world & upgrade my poor little slider for an iPhone. Once I have that up & running (haha, I'm so punny!) I'll be fresh out of excuses & I'll begin. I'll be sure to update as soon as I actually achieve my first day of the program.
So that's where I'm at right now. I'm allowing myself until Monday before starting the new workout routine but I'm determined that I'll eat healthy over the weekend. So far so good, I've even joined myfitnesspal.com (apparently its better/easier to use than livestrong.com~which is what I had been using) and have tracked both my breakfast (spinach berry protein smoothie) and lunch (grilled turkey burger with provolone cheese). I only have 2 more cups of water to drink before I reach my water intake goal (easy peasy in hot AZ weather!) and I'm already thinking about a healthy dinner for tonight.
Have a healthy, active Father's Day weekend!

No comments: