Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Update

I figured I'd check in & recap my weekend. I feel like it makes me more accountable if I tell people what I am/have been doing.
Friday was a good day all around. I even got in a tiny workout, swimming in my mom's pool. Even though I wasn't really swimming since I was holding AJ, that in itself is a workout as she gets bigger! I also "got" to carry around K, who is currently 36 lbs! Even in water, that is quite a "load". I ate pretty healthy for dinner considering we ate fast food (have you tried the chargrilled & fruit salad at Chik-Fil-A? SOOOO yummy!) and I barely met my water goal. Not sure how that happened, I usually drink WAY more water than I did on Friday.
Saturday was another basically good day. I went to IKEA with my bestie & if you've never gone you may not believe me when I say, THAT was my workout! IKEA is HUGE (kind of funny since most of the furniture they sell is designed to be compact & fit in small spaces) & it takes at least an hour to get from the front door all the way to the checkout. I even scored 2 totally cute aprons that were in the "as-is" section so they were discounted! Getting all my water to drink was SO EASY since I was out in the hottest part of the day. I felt like I couldn't get enough water to drink on Saturday!
Yesterday was Father's Day & believe me when I say it was SO HARD to eat healthy! I made Mark & the girls an oven baked peach french toast & cheesy/bacon scrambled eggs. I will admit to eating a few bites of the girls leftover french toast (but I made it with whole wheat french bread so that makes it healthy-ER right?!?) but then I made myself a spinach & protein smoothie that was pretty good too. I forgot to mention I made a really good, very healthy & balanced dinner on Saturday night (peachy chicken & brown rice~I even kept track of what I put in it & how much if you want the recipe~only 353 calories a serving!) so I had a serving of that for lunch yesterday. For dinner we went to my in-laws house to celebrate Father's Day with my father-in-law, Mark & our brother-in-law, who was celebrating his FIRST father's day! My wonderful father-in-law grilled "make your own" kabobs (chicken AND steak with LOTS of yummy veggies my great mother-in-law chopped up) and I brought a cucumber fruit salad that was really good. The "boys" (all grown men but still) & my little girls all got in the pool and so did my adorable little 10 month old niece. I put my feet in but that was all I was willing to do. Surprisingly my lack of desire to get in the pool had nothing to do with my body image. I was just feeling lazy & didn't want to go to the trouble of getting in my swimming suit! We finished the night with some (WAY TOO) good fruit pizza my mother-in-law made and I can honestly say it was good enough that I *almost* don't regret going over my calorie goal!
Today has started out pretty well. I ate some of the cucumber fruit salad and then got down to working out. I did a full upper body workout (almost pooped out a couple times but I am proud to say I didn't!) and got in some core exercises too! 25 minutes on the elliptical & now I'm ready for lunch! I've also already reached my water intake goal, something about working out in AZ makes it SUPER easy to want to drink enough water~and FAST!
Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good physically & mentally I'm super proud of myself. I'll be even more proud when I can check in this weekend & say I've worked out & eaten well all week!

No comments: