Monday, April 23, 2012

A wedding & a pedicure

So, I've been REALLY off the wagon. I haven't worked out in 2 weeks (unless you count all the work it took ridding our kids & our house of LICE the week before last) and I've been less than diligent with my diet.
But now Mark & I have a wedding to attend in a little less than 3 weeks & I am motivated to look better than I do now! We'll be seeing family & friends we haven't seen for quite some time. Some we just saw at Thanksgiving and since I was 37 weeks pregnant at the time I KNOW I'll look better than the last time they saw me. The others we haven't seen since my sister-in-law got married in October of 2010 when K was about 6 months old. I like to think I already look better than I did then but I don't really know.
Anyway, Mark is working nights for the rest of this week so boot camp is out until next week. I have intentions of using my elliptical every day & I know the BL:UW workout would probable be beneficial too. We'll see if my motivation extends to actually working out or not. I have started out the day eating better than I have in a weeks & I know it sounds silly but I already feel lighter. So I'll be keeping up with the clean eating & watching my carb intake.
And I'm *thisclose* to reaching my goal of being under 230 lbs and being able to get a pedicure. I haven't had one since February & it is getting almost painful to look at my feet. My color isn't too bad but my toenails are SO LONG! I don't know why the sight of my feet hasn't been enough to get my butt in gear and work off the 3 lbs necessary for me to be able to get the pedicure (I want to be 228 before I get one so I know it isn't a fluke) but it hasn't. I'm really looking forward to seeing the numbers on the scale go down enough that I can treat myself to the relaxation & beauty of a pedicure, hopefully this Saturday! I'll update (with a picture even!) once I reach my goal & have pretty toes to show off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's okay! If you fall off of the wagon, you just jump right on again!

Since moving, I have been a little lax with my food and it has shown. I'm trying to eat raw for breakfast and lunch and then whole foods for dinner.

You've already lost 26 lbs and that's amazing! They'll see the difference for sure at the wedding.