Friday, August 6, 2010

Weighing In--How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Have you ever watched that Tiny Toons movie? It is seriously so hilarious! I wonder if I could find it on DVD somewhere? HMMMM...
Anyway, today gets to be weigh-in day since on Wednesday I was still on vacation, in MT with my beautiful, thin sister who (apparently) doesn't believe in scales. The following is actually from yesterday morning but I spent most of yesterday keeping my children from destroying our furniture, house & each other. That didn't leave any down time for blogging. So, here it is...
That's right! I hit my goal (and passed it by THREE pounds!) a full 3 days before my date! I'm so excited! I get to get a pedicure! That and I KNOW I'll be under 170 by next week (the amoebic dysentery that I have to thank for the astounding, nearly 10 pound weight loss is less than a week is still lingering and I am DYING to get back to the gym!) and for the first time in too long I am feeling energized & excited & CAPABLE of accomplishing the goals I set for myself. Who wants to get a pedi on Saturday?
That said, I want to give a BIG shout-out to my friend Erin. She is SO AWESOME! She joined the same gym as me about a month ago & we started working out together right away. We just got into a pretty good routine when I went ahead & went on vacation, leaving her here to carry on alone. And she TOTALLY did it! I am so proud, impressed & inspired by her! She went every. single. day! So much of my new-found motivation & encouragement is coming from her being there & going through this with me. She rock MAJOR and I just wanted to let you all know that.
The "official" start day for my wager is getting closer. My lovely sister is seeing her doc soon & we'll begin in earnest then. She has been cheating by breastfeeding her newborn daughter but I suppose my "super-cleanse" could be considered cheating as well! We're still in negotiations about how much of her statistics I will be allowed to share on here. I felt like a starting weight (as a baseline) and then updates for her every 4 weeks would keep things interesting & let you have a chance to tell me when to step it up, post tips & ideas for how to progress faster or more efficiently & maybe to begin rooting for her (if you want to lose a friend, that's your business, haha). Anyway, I'll post another weigh-in next Wednesday & I'll update after the first time I get back in the gym. I have a feeling that will be an interesting experience!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

congrats maggie! i want a pedicure tomorrow too! don't know that i'll get one, but i am so proud of you for reaching your goal! keep it up!

Olivia said...

even though it sucked that you were sick while you were here, it's worth it since now you're even closer to whooping Rachel's breastfeeding butt. You can do it!